morphology- study and description of different plant organs.it is fundamental requisite for classification of plants.
morphology is of 2 types:
1- external morphology
1-external morphology :study and description of external characters.
eg: root ; steam ; leaves; flowers ; fruits and seeds.
2-internal morphology :study of internal parts of plants .
-histology: study of different tiu=ssues or group of cells.
-anatomy -gross internal structure of plant organ .eg: root ; steam ; leaf.
- Master control of the cell is nucleus
- Study of steucture and functions of cell is known as cytology .
- 4- plant systematics or taxonomy : study of characterisation , identification,nomenclature and classification of plants into related groups based upon information from othee branches.
- 5-palynology: study of development and structure of pollengrains or microspores.
- 6-palaeobotany:study of fossil plants .
- 7-genetics :study of structure ,synthesis of gene, inheritance and mutations .
- 8-mutations: sudden change in genotype of organism
- 9-phyto geography: geo graphical distribution of plants in the past and present.
- 8- lichenology: lichen,symniontic association between algae and fungi to form new group of plants .
- 9- bryology : study of bryophytes amphibians of the plant kingdom.
- 10- pteridology : study of pteridophytes vascular cryptogams .
- If plants produce flowers they are known as phanerogams
- If plants doesnt produce flowers are known as cryptogams
- Non flowering plants are algae,fungi. Bryophyte,pteridophyte.
- Flowering plants are gymnosper!s and angiosperms.
- 11-plant ecology: reciprocal relation between plants with their environment.